As Coronavirus infection rates are on a somewhat steady decline throughout the state of California, Gov. Gavin Newsom put out a new list of “rules” for Californians to follow should they choose to participate in newly-allowed outdoor gatherings.
And if we’re all being brutally honest, they’re a total and complete joke.
While Newsom might be under the impression that he’s doing a favor for the residents of his state, anecdotal evidence suggests that Californians on both sides of the political aisle and the debate over the handling of the pandemic have been partaking in “gatherings” since as early as May.
Just in case you’re curious — or in case you need a good, hearty laugh to kick off your work week, take a look at the new rules for outdoor gatherings in The Golden State, according to Red State.
– Attendees must be from no more than three separate households.
– Host must gather names and contact info for all attendees in case contact tracing is needed.
– Attendees can go inside to use the restroom, but restrooms must be frequently sanitized
– An “outdoor space” is defined as being “covered by umbrellas, canopies, awnings, roofs, and other shade structures provided that at least three sides of the space (or 75%) are open to the outdoors.”
– If you are at a gathering at a public park or other public space, and another gathering is nearby, people from one gathering cannot mix with people from the other gathering.
– During the gathering, people from one household must always be six feet away from people from another household.
– Guests should wash their hands frequently.
– The gathering cannot last for longer than two hours.
– No potlucks – all food served should be in single-serve containers and served by someone wearing a mask.
– A mask must be worn by all guests, but it can be removed to eat or to “meet urgent medical needs,” like taking a puff from an asthma inhaler.
– Singing, chanting, and shouting are strongly discouraged, and guests should wear a mask while singing, chanting, or shouting.
– Instrumental music is allowed, but the playing of wind instruments is discouraged.
The last few rules on the list are the most entertaining. I’m sure when people partake in gatherings that the first thing someone says is, “Everyone remember, no singing, chanting or shouting! Absolutely do not play any wind instruments and we’ll be safe!”
Remember, this guidance is coming from the same politician who actually suggested that guests dining in a restaurant should keep their mask on “between bites.”
“Going out to eat with members of your household this weekend? Don’t forget to keep your mask on in between bites,” a recent tweet from Newsom’s office said. Not only is the advice beyond silly and absurd, it’s shockingly contradictory to guidance from medical experts and the CDC that encourages people to limit the amount of times one touches their face covering.
According to SFGate, Newsom later attempted — and failed — to clarify the dumb tweet, blaming it on a staff member.
These new guidelines once again proves that many liberal politicians haven’t a clue on how to react to the pandemic and typically use it to score political points or as a basis for attacks against President Donald Trump to satisfy their base.
I’m pretty confident that even in the liberal bastion of California, a majority of residents will absolutely not be following the state’s new rules on outdoor gatherings and will continue on with life as they have been for the past several months.
“Big Announcement Soon”: A Message From Donald Trump In Response to Tech Giants Censorship!
In the string of tweets, President Trump noted how he predicted this day would come and he was considering making...
Lawmakers Voting for Impeachment Get Bad News
A new poll of swing-state voters shows that Republican lawmakers who voted for a second impeachment of President Donald Trump...