On Friday morning, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi responded to the news about how President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump had contracted the coronavirus. The Speaker started out by saying how “sad” it was but then quickly pivoted to scolding the President.
“This is tragic, it’s very sad, but it also is something that, again, going into crowds, unmasked, and all the rest, was sort of a brazen invitation for this to happen,” Pelosi said during an interview with MSNBC. “Sad that it did, but nonetheless, hopeful that it will be a transition to a saner approach to what this virus is all about.”
“Maybe now that people who see the president of the United States, with all the protection he has and the first lady still having this exposure it might be, as you say, a learning experience,” she said earlier in the interview. “More than learning, it has to be something that is acted upon.”
On Thursday evening, President Trump released the news that he and his wife had contracted the coronavirus: “Tonight, [Melania Trump] and I tested positive for COVID-19,” he tweeted. “We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER!”
White House physician Dr. Sean Conley released a statement in response to the news as well:
“This evening I received confirmation that both President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump have tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus,” Dr. Conley said. “The President and First Lady are both well at this time, and they plan to remain at home within the White House during their convalescence.”
“The White House medical team and I will maintain a vigilant watch, and I appreciate the support provided by some of our country’s greatest medical professions and institutions,” he added. “Rest assured I expect the President to continue carrying out his duties without disruption while recovering, and I will keep you updated on any future developments.”
Pelosi, who had the audacity to scold President Trump for not taking COVID-19 seriously enough, is a complete hypocrite considering she defied coronavirus guidelines to get a haircut in San Francisco.
“Security footage taken from the small business and provided to Fox News appears to confirm the salon owner’s allegation, showing the leading House Democrat with wet hair and no mask walking through the shop on Monday,” The Daily Wire reported. “Hair salons across the city were allowed to open for outdoor services only on Monday for the first time since March.”
“It was a slap in the face that she went in, you know, that she feels that she can just go and get her stuff done while no one else can go in, and I can’t work,” said the owner of the eSalon Erica Kious. “We’re supposed to look up to this woman, right? … It is just disturbing.”
Federal Agency Secretly Offered FBI Documents On Trump Officials, Senate Report Says
A Senate report released Friday blasts the FBI and General Services Administration over their handling of records from the Trump...
Bernie Bro with Van Full of Guns and Explosives Plotted to Assassinate Biden. Media Buries the Lede, as Usual
Most of the time, the media doesn’t outright lie to you. Yeah, every once in a while they’ll blurt out...