Leading up to the first presidential debate in Cleveland, Ohio, on Tuesday, Fox News host and moderator Chris Wallace was praised by colleagues like Brit Hume as the “best debate moderator ever” but that quickly changed over the course of the night as it became clear President Trump was taking on two opponents.
As the debate progressed, Wallace appeared to team up with Biden, shutting the president down, failing to fact check the former vice president over some of the most obvious and easily debunked lies, and moving the subject along when it became inconvenient for Joe.
Let’s take a look at some of Wallace’s worst moments from Tuesday’s debate.
1. Ben Shapiro quipped that Wallace turned into a debator as the night progressed—an assessment Trump agreed with, on and off stage.
2. Wallace did not follow up on Biden’s refusal to say whether he’d pack the Supreme Court. Typically, Wallace would never let a guest on his “Fox News Sunday” program get away with an answer like Biden’s, but yet here he was at the first debate just accepting Biden’s nonresponse.
3. Over a question on race, Wallace repeated the “very fine people” lie about Charlottesville and never corrected Biden’s use of it during an answer.
4. Wallace wondered what was wrong with the radical Critical Race Theory, referring to it instead as “racial sensitivity training.”
5. Chris Wallace helped Biden along during the section on climate change, reading his plan back to him.
6. Biden praised the Green New Deal at one point and then seconds later said he doesn’t support it, but rather than getting into specifics, Wallace, per usual, had to move along.
7. Wallace also shut down President Trump for bringing up Hunter Biden and the recent Senate report showing he “received a $3.5 million wire transfer from Elena Baturina, the wife of the former mayor of Moscow.”
“Big Announcement Soon”: A Message From Donald Trump In Response to Tech Giants Censorship!
In the string of tweets, President Trump noted how he predicted this day would come and he was considering making...
Lawmakers Voting for Impeachment Get Bad News
A new poll of swing-state voters shows that Republican lawmakers who voted for a second impeachment of President Donald Trump...